ABOUT KEAN (PHANG CHUI KEAN)
- LLB, Barrister at Law
- Licensed HRD Trainer, Barrister at Law (Middle Temple), Licensed Headmaster (Ministry of Education)
Kean (Phang Chui Kean) believes that we can achieve extraordinary results when we strive for personal mastery and learn to love ourselves.
He is a highly sought-after Trainer and Public Speaker who specializes in:
- Sales and Customer Service
- Negotiation, Persuasion and Conflict Management
- Leadership and Culture / Team Building
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Kean graduated with a LLB from the University of Manchester and is a Barrister Member of the UK Middle Temple, where he graduated in the top 10 percentile of his year. As such, he is extensively trained in establishing rapport, understanding human behavior, persuasion and negotiation.
Whilst in legal practice, he was quickly recruited by a top Investment Bank in Malaysia, and holds the distinction of being the youngest promoted Vice President of that financial institution. He carries with him substantial experience from his Investment Banking career, where he has managed multiple Billion-Ringgit transactions, including privatizations, fund raising exercises, initial public offerings, corporate mergers and acquisitions. He subsequently joined a private equity firm, managing millions in investment funds for Middle Eastern clients. Whilst in private equity, he led the sales teams of his investee companies to profitability, leveraging heavily on his deep corporate knowledge, understanding of human behavior, presentation and persuasion skills.
Today, in addition to his public speaking and training work, he is an influential writer on LinkedIn and other social media, where tens of thousands read his posts on a daily basis.
Blending his advocacy skills, more than 10 years of corporate and financial experience, technical pedagogy from the education sector, and a vibrant personality, Kean’s training sessions are unique and impactful. They are packed with practical exercises, case studies and immersive role-play exercises, all meticulously designed to deliver lasting and meaningful development for his participants.
ABOUT JAXTON CHEAH
Jaxton is a Gamification Advocate in Malaysia. He works with many reputable gamification experts in the United States and Europe such as Amy Jo Kim, Yu-Kai Chou, Pete Jenkins, and An Coppens to promote Game Thinking & Gamification in the South East Asia (SEA) region. He was recruited by Amy Jo Kim, the founder of Game Thinking Academy (GTA) to be the GTA coach.
He is also a GamFed (International Gamification Federation) member and actively promote gamification best practices especially in Malaysia. He also produces two annual national conferences – Game Thinking Asia & Talent Ecosystem Conference to further promote innovation in HR & customer experience with Game Thinking/ Gamification in the SEA region. In addition, he is familiar with and have used the Stanford d.school design thinking method in gamification projects.
Selected gamification experience:
- Design travel agent experience for the largest travel market place in India, TravelTriagle. The objective is to design the long term engagement and motivation for travel agents in TravelTriangle platform to increase sales conversion & increase effectiveness for tasks completion in the system.
- Game thinking coach in designing learning experience for soft skills training program with Gamification. The objective of applying Gamification is to maximize the learning effectiveness for classroom training or shorten the duration of classroom training. The journey involves 3 stages – Pre-workshop, workshop and post-workshop. Clients who benefit from this journey design are Khazanah Nasional, Martin Brower, Safilo, OCBC, Pioneer Audio, Legoland, 7-Eleven, Mitsui, Malaysia Airlines Berhad, Firefly, MAS Cargo, Security Commission, Petronas, Coca-Cola, Airfoil, MacroKiosk and etc.
- Game thinking coach in designing a 3-day Strategic Management Meeting with Gamification for the top leaders to generate ideas and execute plans for Vinda.
ABOUT DR TOM TAN
Dr. Tom Tan is a renowned expert in business administration with an impressive track record spanning over 35 years. He holds a Doctorate in Business Administration from the prestigious University of Newcastle, Australia, where he focused on Online Consumer Behaviour, a critical area in the digital age.
Dr. Tan is a certified GrowthX Instructor, certified ExO Consultant, and the only certified ExO Trainer in Malaysia, as well as a certified Game Thinking Coach – all certifications earned in the USA. His credentials also include being a certified Business Strategy Professional from CERTA, UK.
Throughout his illustrious career, Dr. Tan has led teams in leadership and organisational transformation, as well as change management resulting in successful digitisation of organizations. His work has taken him across multiple countries, including Malaysia, Thailand, and China.
Dr. Tan’s exceptional blend of technical and business acumen enables him to effectively link both theoretical and practical applications. He has an in-depth understanding of technology and its impact on modern-day business, allowing him to synthesise solutions that drive sustainable growth and innovation.
Dr. Tan’s experience in the corporate sector, as well as entrepreneurship, sets him apart as a visionary who is well-versed in navigating the dynamic business landscape. His expertise has earned him a reputation as a sought-after consultant and thought leader in his field.
With over 15 years of corporate training experience, our expert has developed key programs that are fundamental to organization development in the areas of e-commerce, e-business, security governance, and IT strategies.
During this time, our expert has had the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, from small businesses to multinational corporations, across diverse industries. As a result, our expert has gained a deep understanding of the unique challenges that organizations face in today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape.